If you’re familiar with Dead-Frog, you may have noticed I put a new dress on this pig earlier in the week. The site is definitely prettier but there’s a bit more to it than that. There’s some additions and some adjustments to hopefully bring some stuff up you may not have noticed was there before - the iTunes top 100 comedy albums, the news archive, and the radio playing comedy clips. But the biggest part of the new site is a project I’ve been working on since January called the Stand-Up Comedy Database.
The Stand-Up Comedy Database has over 150 comedians in it so far, with more to come. Here’s some of the features of it:
- A list of works from each comedian divided into comedy albums, specials and books by and about. If the work can be bought on Amazon or iTunes, there’s a link that takes you directly to that page.
- Video automatically pulled in for YouTube for each comedian.
- Sample jokes for each comedian - if available. Some don’t translate well to just text. But there’s multiple jokes for many of the comedians in the database. If you refresh, you’ll probably see a different one.
- The ability for members to rate a comedian on delivery and material, along with their comment on the comedian. These ratings are compiled into an overall rating for each comedians, along with rating for delivery and material.
- Members can also mark their favorite comedians, which creates a list of favorites for other users to surf through to find other comedians they might like if they think a user has a similar taste. If you comment on a comedian and he’s one of your favorites, that comment will appear on your list to. The favorites are compiled into a master list of favorites for all the members.
Most of the more interactive functions are member based, so if you haven’t already, please register with the site. If you’ve already commented before on a blog post, you’re already in the system. Request your randomly-generated password by telling the system youforgot your password and giving your email address.
There’s also a new forum section, in case you want to talk about something comedy related that I haven’t posted about yet. It’s member driven as well. For you non-joiners, blog commenting will still not require membership at all. Non members can comment on anything they like. If you are a member though, you’ll be able to select a little avatar to sit next to your comment.
Anyway, I’m very excited to finally get this out to the world… this idea was like Brain Crack to me and it’s finally good to be off the pipe. I hope you enjoy.