Calling all sketch groups, comedians, writers, and producers: Submit your comedy short pilot for the chance to win $7,500 and a deal with Comedy Central!
The New York Television Festival and Comedy Central are re-teaming in 2013 to offer aspiring TV writers, comedians and indie producers the opportunity to win $7,500 and a guaranteed development deal with Comedy Central!
Comedy Central is looking for original voices and fun, fresh points of view that fit into the Comedy Central brand of comedy. The following scripted-comedy formats would apply: sketch, narrative/single-camera sitcom, animated and “late night” comedy (game shows, panel shows, etc.).
THIS COMPETITION IS FREE TO ENTER.
What do I need to submit?
* A four to eleven (4-11) minute Pilot Presentation
* A shooting script of the episode
* Signed Entry Packet
When is the final deadline?
March 4, 2013
· One winner will be selected by Comedy Central and he/she will receive $7,500 and a development deal from the network
· 25 finalists will receive designation as 2013 NYTVF Official Artists and an exclusive invitation to participate in the 9th annual New York Television Festival, held in NYC in 2013. Details here: http://www.nytvf.com/artists.html
· Comedy Central may elect to enter into additional development agreements with the 25 finalists
For more details and to download an Entry Packet visit: http://www.nytvf.com/2013_comedycentral.html
About the NYTVF:
The NYTVF is a pioneer of the independent television movement, connecting its community of over 12,000 independent creative artists with leading networks, studios, agencies, production companies and brands. In 2012 alone, the NYTVF handed out over 25 network and studio development deals to independent artists totaling nearly $500,000 in production and development funding. Full details on the NYTVF here: http://www.nytvf.com See a. list of 2012 NYTVF partners here: http://www.nytvf.com/sponsors.html.
Current NYTVF initiatives:
NYTVF is also currently accepting original drama and unscripted/nonfiction submissions for these initiatives:
* Voice and Vision: The NBC Drama Challenge
* History Unscripted Development Pipeline
Get all the details here: http://www.nytvf.com/submit.html
Stay in the loop on upcoming NYTVF initiatives:
Join us on Facebook (facebook.com/nytvf)
Follow us on Twitter (@nytvf)